Height Safety Equipment Inspection
One of the largest single contributors to workplace injury and death is the risk of fall. Ensuring the safety of personnel working at heights is paramount. Our commitment to excellence in safety ensures that your personnel can work confidently and securely, where even the smallest oversight can have severe consequences.
MSS Safety’s experienced equipment inspectors complete industry leading documented harness & height safety inspections, in accordance with AS1891.4 and manufacturers instructions for use.
As per AS1891.4-2009 it is a requirement for all height safety equipment to be inspected by an accredited Height Safety Equipment Inspector at set intervals. Formal inspection will ensure your gear is in tip top shape, safe and compliant.
All height safety gear needs to be inspected before and after use by the operator.
These devices must also be formally inspected every six months by a Height Safety Equipment Inspector and detailed reports maintained.
|Device Type||Inspection Interval||Recertify||Life/ Remove |
|Safety Harness||6 mnths||–||10yrs|
|Lanyards & Shock Packs||6 mnths||–||10yrs|
|Karabiners, Hooks||6 mnths||–||–|
|Tie Off Adaptors/Slings||6 mnths||–||10yrs|
|Ropes & Grabs||6 mnths||–||10yrs|
|SRL (Retractable) Lifelines, Winches T2/T3||6 mnths||12-60 months*||–|
|Tripods, Davits||6 mnths||–||–|
|Davit Bases (Visual / Dynamic Pull Test)||6 mnths||12mnths||–|
Formal documented inspections must be completed by a Height Safety Equipment Inspector, qualified in RIIWHS204E Work Safely At Height & PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment as recommended by the Working At Heights Association (WAHA) recommendations guidelines.
With each inspection our standard service includes the following detailed documentation and certification.
- All items tagged with date completed and date next due AS1891.4 9.3.4 (c)
- Certificate of Inspection for each item (Printed & Electronically via our Service Web Portal available 24/7)
- Photographic evidence of any faults or items for monitoring
- Preferred pricing on like for like replacements
- Electronic Service Records maintained on Klipboard Portal, accessible 24/7
- Full Service history reports/records available on request (audits)
- Reminders for next service
- Discount off replacement items
- You can bring or send your equipment to your nearest MSS SAFETY office location. We normally assess and quote within 24 hours.
- Need your unit serviced in a hurry? Call us, we can arrange an inspection while you wait.
- Or we can come to you!
Our fleet of service vehicles are equipped for inspection & testing units at your site saving down time and expense.