Coming Soon... Register Interest by clicking the Blue button. Nationally Recognised Course in Drug and Alcohol Testing - NO CITB FUNDING AVAILABLE - Call 1300 886 477
In the interest of a safe working environment, many organisations conduct drug and alcohol screening in their workplace. Australian Standards for urine and oral fluid collection require that all workplace personnel who conduct drug and alcohol screening must possess a HLTPAT005 – Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing Statement of Attainment.
Participants will leave this one day program with the following knowledge and skills;
- Knowledge of the Standards relevant to drug and alcohol screening and fitness for work
- An understanding of the elements of an effective policy, procedures and workplace substance abuse program
- An understanding of the classes of drugs and their effect on human function and safety at work
- An understanding of the various options for drug and alcohol screening, and the pros and cons of each
- Practical skills in undertaking drug and alcohol screening, including urine testing and oral fluid (saliva) testing Clear, take away guidelines to establish a new drug and alcohol testing program or to review an existing program
- Clear, take away guidelines to establish a new drug and alcohol testing program or to review an existing program
Participants are reminded that they are required to provide us with their Unique Student Identifier (USI) before they can receive a qualification or statement of attainment.
More information can be found at usi.gov.au
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised Unit of Competency:
issued by MSS Safety RTO #40349
This course is assessed by a series of written and practical components.
This course has been mapped between level 2 and 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
- Note: All participants must be able to communicate effectively in English and must be able to complete all required documentation including Entry permits, risk assessments etc
- You can assess your Foundation Skill level - Click Here. Please contact us on 1300 886 477 to discuss this further.
You will need to provide a USI (Unique Student Identified) for us to issue your Statement of Attainment
If you do not have one, you can apply free here.